- Companies have discovered that working from home and video conferencing are viable business options, saving time and expense.
- School kids have lost the fear of speaking in front of a video camera and have learned to make sensible use of computers. They’ve also come to appreciate school!
- We are enjoying beautiful walks on our doorsteps and discovering great places to take a holiday in our own countries.
- Neighbours are noticing each other more, sharing things and offering each other practical help.
- We’ve survived quite well without exotic South American fruit and all those cheap Asian gadgets and clothes.
- Reading has proved to be a lot of fun – even to the grandchildren via Zoom.
- Cycling has often turned out to be a more efficient way to get from A to B – as well as being good for our health.
- The air has got a lot cleaner and there have been far fewer road accidents.
- We’ve managed to catch up on some of the things we’d wanted to do but never found time for.
I’m sure you can come up with some more side benefits of this crisis. Leave a comment below.